Trade Wins - The Start of Trade Season
Welcome to what I consider the start of trade season. Although your league may have had a few trades occur over the last few weeks, the majority of trades in your league will occur over the next 6 weeks. In order to set yourself up for success, make sure you know you’re opponents’ rosters inside and out. One of the main points I preach about in my book is to spend more time on your opponents’ roster pages than your own. You need to know exactly what each person needs, inside and out. Generally speaking, the main types of needs your opponents will have are:
- Bye week help – as we hit the bye week stretch, rosters become that much thinner
- Handcuffs – especially important as injuries start to mount
- Depth help – due to injuries or inconsistency from the starters
- Star power – some teams have great depth but just don’t have an elite player who can win a week by themselves
- Consistency – some teams have star power but need a more no-nonsense player that offers a steady output each week.
- Upgrade – some teams just need a pure upgrade at a position. The person may have neglected a position during the draft or just made some poor selections
Every team in your league – even the guy sitting at the top of the standings – will have one or more of these needs, so spend some time figuring out who needs what and how best to make an offer that addresses their need.