The following position openings are available:
PFF is seeking a Video Production Specialist to plan, shoot, and edit videos for our YouTube and other social media platforms. Productions will include working with live talents and creating motion graphics and/or animations that bring PFF data to life to help better tell a story.
- Produce graphics, infographics and video content from beginning to end.
- Create video and motion graphics for PFF social media platforms with a goal of fan engagement.
- Create graphic and video formats, styles and production processes designed for specific channels/audiences.
- Collaborate with staff to create intriguing, shareable content.
- Make non-visual stories into videos through data visualization and animation.
- Create a PFF brand video/graphic library to improve efficiency in football season.
- Strong knowledge of the Adobe Creative Cloud including Photoshop, Premiere and After Effects.
- Must demonstrate the ability to create custom animations from scratch in Adobe After Effects.
- Solid understanding of social media platforms that host videos, particularly YouTube, and understanding what content proves to be most successful.
- 1-3 years of experience creating compelling, shareable video content.
- Proficiency with DSLR/Camcorders, sound/lighting equipment, and editing suites (After Effects and/or other graphics/animation data software).
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- A passion for sports and football is a must.
- Role will involve working long hours, including some nights and weekends.
The is a full-time position with benefits package based in Cincinnati, Ohio. PFF has a full multimedia suite that provides the equipment and software required for the job.
Start date: as early as 5/1
- Cover letter
- Portfolio website or examples of prior work
The Pro Football Focus R&D team is looking to add a full-time data scientist. PFF’s client list includes all 32 NFL teams, 50 FBS football programs, NBC Sports, and CBS Sports among others. Our research and development team is responsible for producing mathematically rigorous understandings for our clients and within PFF, while also developing the tools of the future.
The ideal candidate will be able to perform mathematical, statistical and computational analyses and create reproducible models that power key products, while also being able to disseminate findings to clients at all levels of mathematical rigor. This is the ideal opportunity for anyone who has a passion for using math and data to continually seek a clearer understanding of football.
- Work collaboratively among PFF’s R&D team, football analysts and management to ensure that each project exemplifies and meets the company’s short- and long-term goals
- Develop reproducible mathematical solutions via statistical modeling and machine learning
- Perform cutting-edge research at the interface between mathematics, statistics, computation, machine learning and football
- Work strategically with of our IT department during exploration and throughout the production process
- Stay up-to-date on the latest statistical modeling and machine learning techniques and implement them where applicable
- Communicate research findings to decision makers and clients
- Bachelor’s degree in math, computer science, statistics, or related field and proficiency with a programming language (R/Python preferred)
- 2+ years of practical experience creating mathematical data-driven solutions using a programming language (experience in sports analytics strongly preferred)-- quality of experience will outweigh the duration
- Understanding of football at the NFL and college level and the willingness to abandon preconceived notions
- Excellent communication skills, enjoys working on problems as a part of a team
- **Preference will be given to applicants willing to relocate to the Cincinnati area**
Start date: as early as 4/15
- Cover letter
- Example of prior work
- Reproducible code preferred, in instances of confidentiality, letter of recommendation/cover letter needs to address this
Up to one letter of recommendation
PLEASE WAIT FOR FORM TO REFRESH BEFORE EXITING PAGE