Steelers safety Davis expected back by training camp
- Steelers safety Sean Davis is expected to be ready for training camp after offseason shoulder surgery.
- Davis, the Steelers’ second-round pick in 2016, became the starting strong safety in Week 11 after spending rotational time at free safety and slot cornerback early in the season.
- His 742 snaps last season were the second-most by a Steelers rookie in the PFF era (since 2006) behind fellow 2016 rookie Artie Burns’ 809.
- The 2016 Steelers’ rookie class of Javon Hargrave, Artie Burns, and Davis combined for the most starts by rookies on defense, with 31 combined starts.
- He and Morgan Burnett were tied for second-most sacks by a defensive back with three, with all of Davis’ coming after Week 11.
- The Steelers’ swiss army knife on defense was tied with D.J. Swearinger for the most pressures by a safety from Week 11 onward with eight.