Texans reportedly agree with UDFA Joe Mathis
- According to reports, the Houston Texans have landed PFF’s No. 1 UDFA Washington edge defender Joe Mathis.
- The Texans may already have Jadeveon Clowney and Whitney Mercilus, but Mathis is a name to watch that could rise up the depth chart if he stays healthy.
- He ranked second in the class in pass-rush productivity. Mathis accumulated 30 pressures in just the first six games before injuring his foot.
- He has shown to also be very effective against the run, ranked ninth in run-stop percentage.
- Mathis can be versatile and still produce — lined up 49.2 percent of his snaps on the right edge (ranked third in PRP) and 40.1 percent on the left (fourth in PRP).