Texans add No. 9 LB in draft class, sign UDFA Dylan Cole
- The Houston Texans signed UDFA linebacker Dylan Cole out of FCS school Missouri State.
- On the PFF Draft Big Board, Cole was the No. 9 linebacker, and 160th-ranked overall prospect.
- He tested outstanding athletically, and should contribute to special teams immediately, with potential to contribute to defense in the future.
- Cole had 17 run stops in three games against FBS competition 2014-2015, for a 15.5 run-stop percentage, which would tie with Ohio LB Blair Brown for the third-best number among the 2017 linebacker draft class. (Cole’s PFF data is limited to his games against FBS competition.)
- In 2016 NFLPA Game, Cole played 31 snaps, made 2 stops, and gave up 1 reception on 2 targets for 18 yards.