Saints C Unger injured, likely to miss start of season
- Saints center Max Unger has reportedly suffered a foot injury and is expected to miss the start of the 2017 season.
- Since being traded to the Saints, Unger has been on the field for 2,268 snaps and been ever-present on the line for the team.
- He allowed just 12 total pressures in 2016 and 15 the season before that, while being flagged a total of three times across those two years.
- The only other player listed as a C (C/G in his case) on the Saints roster is 2012 fifth-round pick and utility lineman Senio Kelemente.
- Kelemente has played 1,142 snaps for the Saints across multiple line positions, but saw 664 in 2016 as a backup guard, surrendering two sacks and 24 total pressures during the season.