Ravens expect RB Woodhead to be part of passing game
- Ravens’ quarterback Joe Flacco recently compared Danny Woodhead to the very talented former Ravens back, Ray Rice, as he told the Associated Press the team hasn’t had a receiving threat like Woodhead since Rice’s departure.
- Rice does own five of the six highest graded receiving seasons in the PFF Era (2006-) for the Baltimore Ravens.
- Javorius Allen has the second most receiving yards (343) by a Ravens back since 2006, that is less than Rice’s lowest seasonal total in receiving yards (349) while in the NFL.
- Both Rice and Woodhead each have at least four seasons with a receiving grade of 80 or better since the PFF era began, only four other running backs can also say that.
- Woodhead is one of eight running backs to record 80 receptions in a season since 2006.
- Philip Rivers passer rating when targeting Woodhead in 2015, his last healthy season, was 115.9. In comparison, Joe Flacco has not had a passer rating above league average for the season when targeting running backs since 2011.