Patriots increase incentives in Chung's contract
- The Patriots have boosted safety Patrick Chung’s incentives by $800,000 for this upcoming season.
- Last season Chung had a down year, as his overall grade dipped to 56.5 after putting up impressive 84.4 and 84.7 graded seasons in 2014 and 2015 respectively.
- Chung spends most of his playing time within eight yards of the line of scrimmage, as 74.4% of his snaps came there, which was sixth most among 50 qualified safeties.
- Chung had 13 stops in the passing game last season, which was tied for eighth most among 74 qualified safeties.
- Chung’s pass rushing productivity rating (measures pressure on per snap basis with weighting towards sacks) of 24.1 was fifth among 33 qualified safeties in 2016.