Packers release Jacob Schum, leaves UDFA Vogel as Green Bay's lone punter
- The Green Bay Packers released P Jacob Schum on Wednesday with a waived/injured designation due to a back injury.
- Schum led the NFL in 2016 with the lowest percentage of his punts returned as just 28.6 percent of his kicks were run back.
- Even so, he was only the 24th highest graded punter, and his 43.2 yard net average was the sixth lowest in the league (minimum 32 punts).
- The Packers could opt to bring in more punting competition, but as of now, undrafted rookie free agent Justin Vogel is the only punter left on the roster.
- Last season at Miami, Vogel was the 22nd highest graded punter in the nation (out of 132 with a minimum of 20 punts), averaging 43.8 net yards per punt with 32.8 percent of his punts returned.