John Greco faces uphill battle to make Browns roster
- Recovering from a Lisfranc injury, ESPN’s Tony Grossi believes “the odds are stacked against” Cleveland Browns G John Greco making the final roster.
- Greco ranked 20th out of 72 qualified guards in 2016 with an 81.5 overall grade last season.
- Primarily a right guard, Greco adds versatility with his ability to play center: three of his 12 starts last season came at center.
- In 2016, Greco ranked 40th out of 77 qualified guards with a 96.1 pass blocking efficiency rating (PBE). In 2015, he ranked 47th out of 82 qualified guards with a 95.6 PBE.
- Where Greco has shined throughout his career is as a run blocker. Last year he ranked 19th among guards with an 80.8 run blocking grade. His two best seasons were in 2014 when he earned an 86.0 run blocking grade (ranked sixth that year) and in 2012 when he put up an 85.6 run blocking grade (eighth).