Second-year Jets OLB Jordan Jenkins looking for jump in production
- New York Jets outside linebacker Jordan Jenkins reportedly spent more than two months in Atlanta this offseason training with former All-Pro DE Chuck Smith, known as the “sack whisperer,” to improve his pass-rushing skills.
- Jenkins surged in the final quarter of the 2016 season, piling up all three of his sacks and 10 hurries during that span.
- In 2016, Jenkins was one of 15 OLBs to record a pass-rushing productivity (PRP) mark above 10.0 on both sides of the line.
- His 10.4 PRP was the second-best mark in the AFC East behind only Buffalo Bills veteran Lorenzo Alexander (11.0).
- Jenkins also ranked among the top six in several signature coverage stats among 3-4 outside linebackers, including: coverage snaps per target (10.6, fourth), yards per coverage snap (0.35, third), and coverage snaps per reception (14.2, sixth).