Jets decline fifth-year option on safety Calvin Pryor
- In his first three seasons with New York, S Calvin Pryor failed to rank better than 34th among safeties in any year.
- Teams had success when targeting Pryor in coverage in 2016 as he gave up 0.81 yards per snap in coverage which ranked 48th of 56 qualifying safeties.
- Quarterbacks targeted Pryor 42 times, completing 30 of those passes for a passer rating of 96.7. Pryor gave up 11.8 yards per reception and missed 11 tackles in coverage, most on the team.
- Known as the ‘Louisville Slugger’, Pryor struggled to tackle in 2016. He missed one of every 6.3 tackles attempted which ranked 14th highest out of 74 qualifying safeties.
- The Jets had Pryor rush the quarterback 22 times in 2016. He tallied eight total QB pressures which led to a pass rush productivity score of 13.0 (PRP measures pressure on a per snap basis weighting towards sacks), which ranked 24th out of 33 qualifying safeties.