Jaguars QB Blake Bortles looking to limit turnovers in 2017
- Jacksonville Jaguars quarterback Blake Bortles had a career year in 2015; his 80.3 overall grade was the best mark by a Jags QB since David Garrard in 2010.
- The Jaguars’ signal caller has had help from his offensive line; the group has ranked no worse than 17th in the league in pass-blocking efficiency since Bortles entered the league in 2014.
- His deep passing declined in 2016, with a 1:7 TD to INT ratio on throws 20-plus yards downfield. He ranked last in adjusted completion percentage (23.5 percent) and passer rating (17.5) on deep attempts.
- Since 2014, Bortles leads the league in batted passes (56), and is second in the league in interceptions thrown (51, one behind Los Angeles Chargers QB Philip Rivers).
- He also leads the league in interceptions thrown when having 2.6 seconds or more to throw, with 29, since 2014.