Jaguars edge rusher Dante Fowler expects to take a big step in 2017
- Jacksonville Jaguars edge rusher Dante Fowler expects to take a big leap in 2017.
- Fowler was the No. 3 overall selection of the 2015 draft, but injured his knee in his first practice as a pro, missing his entire rookie year.
- In 2016, he notched four sacks and only 39 total pressures from 398 pass-rushing snaps.
- Fowler earned solid run-defense grades, but his pass rush has so far been largely absent, and he was blanked entirely in three separate games last season.
- He did at least finish the season strong, with two games of at least four total pressures against divisional rivals, including giving Tennessee’s offensive line an issue in Week 16.