Hoyer says reunion with Shanahan will help transition
- San Francisco 49ers QB Bryan Hoyer thinks that having previously played for new San Francisco coach Kyle Shanahan in Cleveland should lead to an easier transition as the 49ers quarterback.
- In 2014 with Shanahan as his coach, Hoyer averaged 7.59 yards per attempt, which was the eighth-best in the league.
- In 2014, 29.2 percent of Hoyer’s attempts were when using play action, third-highest percentage in the league. When using play action, he had a QB rating of 99.2, when not using play action his rating dropped to 67.2.
- In 2014, Hoyer struggled mightily with his accuracy. His 64.5 adjusted completion percentage ranked dead among 27 qualifying quarterbacks.
- Under Shanahan, Hoyer’s most frequently thrown route was the out route. 16 percent of his total pass attempts were on those routes, finishing 39-64 with 442 yards and a touchdown for an 86.8 QB rating.