Houston's Duane Brown reportedly seeking a contract upgrade
- Houston Texans’ longest-tenured current player and best offensive lineman Duane Brown is looking to upgrade his contract, which has two years left on its deal.
- Brown has played the most snaps by a Houston Texan over the past five years, with 5,227.
- In 2016, Brown’s overall PFF grade was 86.3, ranked 14th of 78 qualifying offensive tackles.
- He was one of only two offensive tackles in 2016 with more than 400 pass-blocking snaps and only 1 sack allowed (Donald Penn was the other).
- Brown has had an overall PFF grade of at least 82.4 in every year since 2010. His best year was in 2012, when he finished with an elite grade of 91.3.
- Of the 30 offensive tackles in the PFF era with at least 200 pass-blocking snaps in the postseason, Brown is No. 1 overall with a pass-block efficiency of 97.95, and is one of just two of those players to not allow a sack.