Hansen brings deep capabilities to Jets WR corps
- With the 141st pick in the 2017 NFL Draft the New York Jets selected Chad Hansen, a wide receiver from the University of California Berkeley.
- Hansen is an excellent vertical threat. He caught all 16 of his catchable deep targets (20 or more yards downfield) in 2016, sixth among 109 qualified draft-eligible receivers, his 480 receiving yards on such passes ranked 15th, and his deep catch rate of 45.7 percent ranked 23rd.
- Hansen ranked 18th among 264 qualified FBS receivers in 2016 with an average of 3.13 yards per route run; an average that was better than both John Ross (a first-round pick) and Zay Jones (second-round pick).
- Hansen profiles as an outside-only receiver in the NFL as he didn’t have a single reception from the slot in 2016.
- Hansen has excellent hands positing a 4.17 percent drop rate, which ranked 35th among the 264 qualified FBS receivers. Hansen had just four drops on 170 targets from 2015 to 2016.