Giants sign UDFA and former Colts WR Jerome Lane
- With the release of injured WR Jalen Williams on Wednesday, the New York Giants filled a spot with former Akron Zips WR Jerome Lane on Thursday.
- Lane ranked 34th of 119 wide receivers in the 2017 draft class in yards per route run (2.47) during his final collegiate season.
- He dropped four of 66 catchable targets for a drop rate of 6.06 percent (59th). However, he was targeted on 103 passing with a heavy dose of inaccurate throws.
- Shown he can produce deep when given the opportunity, Lane had nine deep pass receptions (20-plus yards downfield) which ranked 33rd in the class.
- He purely played left wide receiver in 2016, while just 30 (of 710) snaps were played from the right or slot positions combined.