Free-agent defensive end Devin Taylor visiting Giants
- On Monday, it was reported that former Detroit Lions DE Devin Taylor was visiting the New York Giants.
- A former fourth-round pick in 2013, Taylor played a career-high 715 snaps last season. However, it was his least-productive year to date, ranking 108th of 109 edge defenders in overall grade (39.1).
- Taylor’s PFF grades have never matched up with his sack numbers; in the 2015 season, he recorded nine sacks, but just 36 total QB pressures. Three of those sacks were of the clean-up or unblocked variety.
- Rushing from both the left (55.7 percent) and right (44.3 percent) sides in 2016, Taylor ranked 89th of 110 edge defenders in pass-rushing productivity (6.5).
- Most of wins in 2016 came from the outside (13) as opposed to inside (eight), or bullrush (five).