Free agent CB Jason McCourty meeting with the Cleveland Browns
- Free agent CB Jason McCourty and the Cleveland Browns are meeting with a physical scheduled for Tuesday.
- In 2016, teams looked to target McCourty quite a bit as he was targeted once every 5.4 snaps in coverage, 12th highest among 79 qualifying cornerbacks. He allowed 1.35 yards per snap in coverage which was 18th among those corners.
- While McCourty gave up receptions, he did a good job of keeping his man out of the end zone and limiting yards after the catch. He allowed a touchdown on 3.13 percent of his targets which was 22nd among corners and his 2.95 yards allowed after catch per reception was ninth of 79 qualifiers.
- Stemming from his ability to limit yards after catch, McCourty has proven to be one of the league’s best tacklers at corner. He had a tackling efficiency of 23.7 which was fourth best among 81 cornerbacks.
- The Tennessee Titans kept McCourty at right cornerback on 91 percent of his snaps, while the Browns moved Joe Haden around. Haden played only 56 percent of his snaps at left cornerback, so McCourty may need to adjust to moving around the field should the Browns sign him.