FA Gary Barnidge meets with the Broncos
- Free agent tight end Gary Barnidge has spoken with the Broncos about signing with the team.
- Barnidge finished 2016 with a PFF grade of 70.6, which ranked 25th out of 63 qualifying tight ends. He was released by the Cleveland Browns after the team drafted David Njoku in the first round.
- Barnidge struggled with his run-blocking in 2016, finishing as PFF’s 13th-worst run-blocker of 63 qualifiers, with a 43.6 grade. He was however PFF’s top-graded pass-blocker, earing a 76.0 pass-block grade, staying into pass-block on 133 snaps, more than any other tight end in the NFL.
- On routes run in the slot, Barnidge averaged only 0.90 yards per route run, 28th among 32 qualifiers at tight end.
- Of Barnidge’s 77 targets in 2016, only four came on deep passes (20-plus yards in the air)— a drop from his 2015 numbers, when he had 119 total targets and 10 deep targets.