DeMarco Murray praises Titans offensive line
- In an interview with Clark Judge of the Talk of Fame, Tennessee Titans running back DeMarco Murray compared his current linemen to the highly touted unit of his former Dallas Cowboys team, telling Judge that he would respectfully put up his offensive line against anyone.
- Every lineman along the Titans’ OL had the highest grade of their respective careers in 2016.
- The group also was one of only two OLs, along with the Steelers, to have every player grade at least 80 or higher.
- The Titans allowed merely 132 total pressures, the fourth-fewest in 2016 by an offensive line unit.
- Recent draftees Taylor Lewan and rookie Jack Conklin highlight the Titans’ line. The duo has two of the three highest pass-blocking efficiencies by a rookie tackle since 2013 (Lewan 95.4 in 2014; Conklin 95.7 in 2016).
- The tackle pairing had the second-highest combined graded (Lewan was 88.5, Conklin 88.9) of any tackle duo in the league, behind only Trent Williams and Morgan Moses of Washington.