Colts sign UDFA WR Jerome Lane out of Akron
- The Indianapolis Colts signed UDFA WR Jerome Lane out of Akron.
- Lane stands at 6-foot-2. The Colts have drafted four WRs in the Andrew Luck era, but only one was over 6 feet tall (Donte Moncrief, 6-2).
- Lane also adds more of a deep receiving threat, he had more deep receptions in 2016 (9) than Moncrief had the past two years combined (7).
- Half of Lane’s touchdowns have come from inside the red zone (3).
- Lane averaged 2.47 yards per route run last season, better than each of the Colts receivers 6-2 or taller in Luck’s career.