Colts need to work on keeping Andrew Luck clean
- The Indianapolis Colts have their franchise QB in Andrew Luck, but have had trouble keeping him upright and healthy in his career.
- Colts GM Chris Ballard said of Luck, “That’s how we’ll help him, by making the roster around him better both offensively and defensively. That’s what we’re gonna do. It can’t be just about Andrew.”
- Luck has been hit as he threw more times (50) than any other QB in the league since 2012.
- Luck has been in the top-three in the league for dropbacks under pressure every year since entering the league in 2012, except his injury-shortened 2015.
- Only one QB has been under pressure a higher percentage than Luck’s 39.3 percent since 2012, Russell Wilson (42.6 percent).
- The two years Luck lead the league in passing yards under pressure (2014, 2016) were his two highest-graded seasons as well (88.4, 92.4).