Byard in line for increased usage in 2017
- The departure of Rashad Johnson this offseason has paved the way for second-year safety Kevin Byard to receive an even bigger role in the Tennessee Titans defense in 2017.
- Byard, who started the final seven games last season, gave up the second-fewest receiving yards per snap in coverage (0.22) in the NFL.
- He allowed 13 of 25 passes to be caught in his coverage for 90 yards and zero touchdowns.
- Quarterbacks targeting a player in his coverage had a QB rating of 60.4, the seventh-lowest rate in the NFL (minimum 565 total snaps).
- His 6.3 run-stop percentage and 38 yards allowed after the catch were top marks for rookie safeties that played a minimum of 188 coverage snaps.