Branden Albert misses Jaguars offseason activities
- Newly acquired Jaguars left tackle Branden Albert, over from the Dolphins in the offseason, was one of three players missing from the team’s voluntary workouts last week.
- Albert was absent as he is holding out for a new deal.
- 2016 was the worst season of Albert’s career based on PFF grades, as his mark of 42.2 ranked 65th of 78 eligible tackles. This could be attributed to playing through injuries that caused Albert to miss four games.
- Albert’s grade of 47.7 in pass protection checked in at 57th among the 78 eligible tackles, while his run-blocking grade of 37.9 checked in at 74th.
- Regardless of if it’s Blake Bortles or a quarterback selected in the draft under center, the Jaguars will need a bounceback season from Albert to help protect the quarterback.