A.J. Bouye gets first taste of OTAs as a Jaguar
- Thursday, Jacksonville Jaguars CB A.J. Bouye went through his first OTA practice as a Jaguar and spoke about the secondary developing chemistry.
- Bouye also noted that he has told teammate Jalen Ramsey there is no reason why he shouldn’t be an All-Pro cornerback in 2017.
- If the end to Ramsey’s 2016 is any indication, the production could be there. Ramsey allowed a passer rating of just 58.7 on passes thrown his way Weeks 9-17. which was 11th among all corners. His Week 16 performance against the Titans where he recorded a grade of 99.6 was the second-highest grade given by PFF to a corner in the 2016 season.
- Bouye is coming off a 2016 season where his PFF grade of 91.2 was third among all corners, while he also managed to allow just 1.01 yards per coverage snap.
- If the chemistry Bouye discussed continues to build through the offseason, it’s quite possible the Jaguars will have one of the league’s top secondaries in 2017 and beyond.