5 things to know for Friday
Hello football aficionados, here are five things you should know to start your Friday off correctly;
- PFF completed its countdown of the top 50 players for the 2017 season! After being injured last year, J.J. Watt did not come in at number one, however another defender did. While defenders claim the top two spots, the top 10 is split evenly between the offensive and defensive sides of the ball
- Julian Edelman is staying with the Patriots. The standout wide receiver and the team agreed to a contract extension yesterday. Edelman has shown a strong connection with QB Tom Brady. He was one of the game’s best slot receivers in 2016.
- There is still no timetable for QB Teddy Bridgewater to return to action. GM Rick Spielman said as much yesterday. Everyone is anxious to see Bridgewater return to the field because he had been so good as a young player before the injury. In the two seasons before 2016, Bridewater’s adjusted completion percentages were first (2014) and fourth (2015) in the NFL.
- RB Adrian Peterson continues to draw positive reviews. The former Viking is now with the Saints, which should be an interesting pairing with QB Drew Brees. Before a 2016 knee injury, in 2015 Peterson was still one of the best in the NFL at forcing missed tackles, accruing 50, second most that year.
- PFF’s fantasy breakouts lists continued with wide receivers. Fantasy writer Tyler Buecher brought you five possible breakout candidates, including a possible star in Washington and a former Atlanta reserve poised to make a bigger impact for San Francisco.