49ers bring in CB Leon Hall for a visit
- The San Francisco 49ers are bringing in Leon Hall as the next defensive back to visit the team in recent days.
- After bringing in Jairus Byrd for a workout, the team stated that it was looking at other defensive backs too and followed that up by bringing in Hall, the former Bengal and Giant, per Ian Rapaport of NFL Network.
- No defensive back on the 49ers roster has more than five years of experience in the NFL, with safety Eric Reid leading the pack as the veteran that has started the past four seasons since entering the league in 2013.
- Hall, with his 10 years of experience, has never graded lower in his career than this past season’s 75.9 overall.
- His 8.2 cover snaps per target was not only the best of his career, but led the vaunted Giants defense and was tied for the fourth-best in the league among cornerbacks.
- With 34 passes defensed from 2007 to 2009, Hall ranked second among cornerbacks during that span behind only Darrelle Revis (42).