Going Deep Experts Draft – Follow/Listen Tonight!
If you’ve been living under a rock and are unaware of why the Going Deep format is unique, here are the details:
Each team rosters 18 players, 13 of which are starters. The starting lineup includes one quarterback, three running backs, six wide receivers, two tight ends, and one “Super Flex” (QB/RB/WR/TE). Both kicker and defense are excluded in this format.
The scoring for this league is relatively basic, but there are two important outliers:
- Quarterbacks are rewarded one point for every 30 passing yards
- It’s 1.0 PPR for RB/WR and 1.5 PPR for TE
Why this format? (A) To account for the historic depth at many of the key offensive fantasy-relevant positions and (B) To remove some of the luck involved in fantasy football. It’s too easy to ride a few lucky picks to the playoffs these days. In this format, you’re picking starters in the 13th round.
So who is participating?
Only many of the best in the business:
Brad Evans – Yahoo
Brandon Funston – Yahoo
Jason Sablich – The New York Times
Sigmund Bloom – Footballguys
Dave Richard – CBS Sports
Nate Zegura – CBS Sports
Peter Schoenke – Rotowire
Bob Harris – Footballdiehards
John Paulsen – 4for4.com
John Juhasz – NFL.com
Jeff Paur – RT Sports
Mike Clay – Pro Football Focus/Rotoworld
How do I follow along tonight?
- You can keep an eye on the live draft board.
- You can listen to the High Stakes Fantasy Football Hour, which will broadcast the draft live from 9 p.m. ET until 11 p.m. ET.
- I’ll be hopping on Sirius XM Radio at 10:30 p.m. ET to discuss the format and tonight’s draft with Glenn Colton and Rick Wolf.
Can I participate in the PFF Going Deep Challenge?
Absolutely! We’ve partnered up with RT Sports to create the PFF Going Deep Challenge. Purchase a team for just $75.00 and you’ll be in the mix to win the $5,000 grand prize. One in six teams wins cash, including $250.00 to each league champion. Click here for additional details.
Follow Mike Clay on Twitter: @MikeClayNFL