Vikings could look for Floyd replacement in the draft
Sharrif Floyd’s uncertainty means defensive tackle is on the list of possibilities for the Vikings with their first couple of picks. Let’s look at three players who should be available after day one and see how they measure up in key statistical areas.
- Caleb Brantley, Florida
- Ranked fifth in both pass-rush productivity with 11.7 and run-stop percentage at 11.3. Had at least 23 QB pressures and 23 run stops each of last two years.
- Vincent Taylor, Oklahoma State
- Second-highest PRP with 13.6.
- PFF’s third-highest-graded DI. In the top 15 for QB sacks, hits and hurries. Only missed 1 tackle all year. Flagged for no penalties in 2016.
- Chris Wormley, Michigan
- PRP of 11.4 with 22 Run Stops at 6.2 percent. Graded positively in every game in 2016.