Texans select Texas product Foreman in 3rd
- The Texans selected D’Onta Foreman with the team’s third-round pick in the NFL draft Friday.
- Foreman ranked fourth among 68 draft-eligible running backs in 2016 with 64 missed tackles as a runner.
- He ranked 16th among that group with an average of 3.54 yards after contact per attempt; he’s averaged more than three yards after contact per attempt in each of the last two seasons.
- Foreman’s 29 rushes of at least 15 yards were the fourth-most among draft-eligible running backs.
- He isn’t someone who’s going to split out wide as a receiver — Foreman lined up in the backfield on 717 of his 719 offensive snaps in 2016.