Rams select a tight end, picking Gerald Everett in the 2nd
- The Los Angeles Rams selected tight end Gerald Everett out of South Alabama with the 44th overall pick.
- Everett’s skillset could make him a star in Los Angeles’ shiny new stadium.
- He forced a ridiculous 24 missed tackles in 2016 (the most in all of the FBS).
- On average, Everett forced a missed tackle over once in every two receptions (56 in 108 catches) over the past three years.
- Everett’s 2.31 yards per route run ranks fifth in the class while his 2.07 YPPR from the slot ranks third.
- His numbers split away from the formation are particularly impressive, Everett caught 29 passes (fourth in the class) for 418 yards third in the class) when offset.
- While undersized at 6-foot-3 and 239 pounds, Everett gave up just 1 sack and 0 QB hits in 125 total pass-blocking reps between 2014 and 2016.