Jets get receiving help, draft Alabama's ArDarius Stewart
- The New York Jets selected Alabama wide receiver ArDarius Stewart with the 79th pick in the draft Friday.
- While his route-running is still relatively raw, Stewart brings exceptional speed and elusiveness to the Jets offense.
- The former Alabama receiver is extremely difficult to tackle as he broke a tackle on every 0.33 receptions, which was the fourth-best ratio in the draft class.
- Stewart took advantage of his speed and was efficient on the deep passes too as he caught 50 percent of the deep passes (20-plus yards in the air) going his way, the 13th-best rate in this year’s class.
- His speed was also evident on his production after the catch since he averaged 10.7 yards after the catch, the most in this year’s class, while Quincy Enunwa led Jets receivers with 6.2 yards after the catch and no other receiver topped the 4.0 milestone.