Eric Ebron could benefit from competition in Detroit
- With a grade of just 50.6 in 2016, Detroit TE Eric Ebron ranked 49th in the NFL among tight ends.
- Ebron improved as a receiver in 2016 (72.3 receiving grade) but was graded as the worst run-blocking TE in the NFL (29.6 run-blocking grade)
- Blocking specialist Darren Fells was brought it to help. He earned a pass-blocking grade of 73.0 last year, which ranked third in NFL, and a run-blocking grade of 67.9, 17th.
- Fells, however, isn’t much of a threat receiving with a receiving grade of just 55.3. He also averaged just 0.98 yards per route run, which ranked outside of the top 50 among TEs.
Potential draft targets:
- Day 2 target: Iowa’s George Kittle earned the second-highest run-blocking grade (79.6) in 2016 among the TE class.
- Day 2 target: South Alabama’s Gerald Everett led all tight ends with 24 forced missed tackles in 2016. He also led college football TEs in 2015.
- Day 3 target: Jeremy Sprinkle ranked 13th in the TE draft class with an 81.0 receiving grade in 2016.