Eagles go cornerback again, select Douglas in 3rd
- The Philadelphia Eagles selected cornerback Rasul Douglas in the third round of the draft Friday night.
- At 6-foot-2, Douglas has excellent size for an outside cornerback, but doesn’t have a lot of experience in press coverage. Played press coverage on just 15 percent of his coverage snaps last season.
- Douglas had an 87.2 overall PFF grade in 2016, the highest among cornerbacks in the Big 12.
- Opposing quarterbacks had a passer rating of just 43.5 when targeting Douglas in coverage.
- His 18 combined interceptions and pass breakups in 2016 were the most in the nation.
- After selecting CB Sidney Jones in the second-round, the Eagles have doubled up at the position on Day 2.