Dion Dawkins could help Colts' protection woes
- Dion Dawkins reportedly visited the Colts for a private workout. The lineman excelled at tackle while at Temple but is projected to play guard in the NFL.
- Dawkins allowed 9 total pressures in 461 pass-blocking snaps in 2016 while incumbent Colts guards Denzelle Good, Jonotthan Harrison, and Joe Haeg each allowed at least 21, playing fewer than 400 pass-blocking snaps.
- Andrew Luck was under pressure 44.4 percent of the time, highest in the NFL.
- When given more than 2.6 seconds to throw, Luck threw 19 TD passes which was the second-best in the league behind Aaron Rodgers.
- Dawkins’ pass-blocking efficiency rating of 98.4 was fourth-best in the nation at tackle and better than any guard on the Colts roster.