Cleveland finally goes QB, selects Kizer in 2nd round
- The Cleveland Browns selected Notre Dame QB DeShone Kizer with their first pick of Day 2 of the draft Friday night.
- The Browns settled for Kizer, the No. 4-ranked QB on PFF’s big board, after missing out on the top quarterbacks in Round 1.
- Kizer completed 76 percent of his 63 passes off play-action for seven touchdowns, no interceptions, and a 154.7 passer rating in 2016.
- His average depth of target was 11.0 yards downfield, the ninth-highest among draft-eligible quarterbacks.
- Kizer’s adjusted completion percentage when under pressure was just 59.5 percent, 21st in the draft class.
- At times, Kizer has played just as well as the top quarterbacks in the draft class. But his inconsistencies in accuracy and decision-making will take some coaching to improve and may cause him to sit for his entire rookie year.