Browns make another trade, move up to draft Njoku
- The Cleveland Browns selected tight end David Njoku after trading back into the first round for a third Day 1 draft pick.
- Njoku should give the Browns formation flexibility to run two tight end sets, with him either in the slot or in-line, while Gary Barnridge stays in-line.
- Njoku’s 2.34 yards per route run ranked second among draft-eligible tight ends with at least 50 targets last season.
- He led the nation among tight ends with 483 yards after the catch, and his 15 broken tackles were second-most at the position.
- 31 of his 43 receptions came when lined up in the slot.
- All five of his drops came on passes under 10 yards in the air from the line of scrimmage.