Broncos go offensive line, take Garett Bolles
- The Denver Broncos selected tackle Garett Bolles with its first-round pick in the NFL draft Thursday night.
- Bolles is a highly athletic tackle with experience in an outside zone-heavy run-blocking scheme, making him an excellent fit in the Broncos’ similar system.
- His 84.0 run-blocking grade in 2016 was second-best among the tackle draft class.
- He has room to improve in pass protection as he allowed 20 total pressures last year for a 96.4 pass-blocking efficiency that ranked 42nd in the draft class.
- Bolles did not allow a single pressure against bull-rush moves in 2016.
- Denver’s two tackles penciled in as starter entering the draft, Menelik Watson and Donald Stephenson, ranked 56th and 77th, respectively, in overall grade out of 78 qualifying tackles last season.