2018 Prospect Preview: Parry Nickerson is the best college CB you may not know about
By Aaron Resnick • Aug 28, 2017NEW ORLEANS, LA - OCTOBER 31: Parry Nickerson #17 of the Tulane Green Wave intercepts a pass intended for Chris Moore #15 of the Cincinnati Bearcats during a game at Yulman Stadium on October 31, 2014 in New Orleans, Louisiana. (Photo by Stacy Revere/Getty Images)
- Tulane senior CB Parry Nickerson may be one of those names you may have not heard by now. However, get to know the name as in 2016, Nickerson recorded an overall grade of 84.3, which ranks No. 2 among returning AAC corners.
- As a junior, opponents registered a passer rating of just 32.5 when throwing towards Nickerson. That figure is tops among all cornerbacks returning for the 2017 season.
- In 2016, Nickerson allowed 0.86 yards per coverage snap despite opponents testing him once every 5.9 snaps in coverage.
- Checking in at 5-foot-10, 185-pounds, Nickerson showed he could be a sure tackler as a junior as his 11.0 tackles per missed tackle ranks No. 5 among returning AAC corners.
- Having logged 2,332 snaps in his first three years at Tulane, Nickerson not only has experience, but the coverage skills to back it up as evident by his coverage grade of 84.2 in 2016.