Washington signs LB Nico Marley after tryout
- As a senior in the AAC, Tulane LB Nico Marley led his team with 88 total tackles, including 14 for loss, and three sacks.
- Despite his size (only 5-foot-8), Marley was highly productive at inside linebacker, playing 49 games in his career at Tulane. He accumulated 319 tackles, 50.5 tackles for loss, 6.5 sacks and four interceptions.
- Marley finished fifth among 2017 draft eligible AAC inside linebackers in total solo tackles, with 75. His 12 total QB pressures ranked sixth among AAC ILBs.
- He graded well in coverage last season as his coverage grade of 83.8 ranked him 10th among all draft eligible linebackers in 2016.
- Marley allowed just 0.50 yards per snap in coverage, ranking him 13th among all draft eligible inside linebackers, and fourth among those who were drafted. If his skills translate to the pro-level, he could compete for the nickel linebacker spot which will be vacated by Su’a Cravens as he moves to strong safety this season.