UDFA pass-rusher Chris Odom could be surprise star for Falcons
- The Atlanta Falcons signed Arkansas State defensive end Chris Odom as an undrafted free agent following the 2017 NFL Draft.
- Odom posted an outstanding 2016 season for the Red Wolves, grading ninth in the nation among edge defenders, just one spot behind Atlanta’s first-round pick, Takkarist McKinley.
- Odom registered 63 total QB pressures in 2016 for a pass-rushing productivity mark of 13.6 (sixth in the nation among 4-3 defensive ends).
- He also excelled as a run defender, ranking fourth out of 96 qualifying 4-3 defensive ends with a run-stop percentage of 8.4.
- Odom saw his production skyrocket as an edge defender in 2016; the previous two years, he saw the majority of his snaps on the interior, earning grades of 45.9 and 52.8.