Tom Coughlin says QB Bortles has 'pretty much' corrected his mechanics
- Appearing on The Rich Eisen Show, Jaguars Executive Vice President Tom Coughlin said QB Blake Bortles has “pretty much” corrected his passing mechanics over the 2017 offseason.
- Questions surrounding Bortles’ mechanics have followed him all the way from pre-draft coverage to current day as he enters his fourth season in the league.
- In the middle of last season, Bortles even realized his mechanics were off and brought in a personal coach to address the issue.
- One thing cleaner mechanics could improve for Bortles is limiting the number of passing attempts which are batted down at the line of scrimmage. Since entering the league in 2014, Bortles leads all quarterbacks in batted pass attempts with 56 including leading the league the past two seasons with 20 apiece.
- The Jaguars have talent on both sides of the ball, so Bortles improving and maintaining his mechanics throughout 2017 figures to be crucial to the team’s success.