Titans plan to utilize Jonnu Smith in many ways
- Tennessee Titans head coach Mike Mularkey told reporters Friday that third-round tight end Jonnu Smith will see work at a lot of spots.
- Smith is a versatile weapon, lining up all over the field for Florida International over the past three seasons.
- Between 2014 and 2016, Smith ran 599 of his 1,052 routes from the slot.
- In 2014, he led the nation in slot receptions (48) for a tight end, and his 483 receiving yards and six touchdowns from the slot ranked second for his position. He ranked fourth among tight ends with 2.04 slot yards per route run that season and was first in yards after the catch with 488.
- He ranked second among tight ends in forced missed tackles in 2014 and 2015 with 16 apiece. His 11 forced missed tackles last season were the third-most for his position.
- He averaged 1.41 yards per route run in 2016.