Telvin Smith aims to continue career improvement
- On Tuesday, Jacksonville Jaguars linebacker Telvin Smith spoke with the media and mentioned how the franchise needs to continue making progress this offseason toward establishing a winning culture.
- Progress is something Smith has displayed in his NFL career to this point, as his PFF grade has increased every season.
- Smith’s 2016 grade of 83.6 was 18th among 87 linebackers, and one of the reasons for his improvement was his play against the run. His grade in run defense of 83.2 ranked sixth among linebackers.
- That’s a massive jump from Smith’s 2015 grade against the run of 47.7, which was 60th among 97 eligible linebackers.
- In 2016, Smith also led all 4-3 outside linebackers in run stops with 41, while his stop percentage of 10.3 ranked second among the 28 qualifying linebackers.