Steelers sign former Titans S Daimion Stafford
- The Pittsburgh Steelers announced the signing of former Tennessee Titans S Damion Stafford on Tuesday, as they look to add depth to their safety group.
- Stafford’s overall grade of 74.1 ranked 63rd among safeties last season and was a career-best. Only current Steelers S Mike Mitchell (81.1) received a higher grade in 2016 among Pittsburgh’s safety group.
- Stafford did have some struggles against the pass, allowing a reception every 12.4 coverage snaps which ranked seventh lowest among safeties who played at least 350 snaps last year.
- The former seventh-round pick saw his snap counts increase each year during his time in Tennessee, from just 13 in his rookie year in 2013 to 614 last season.
- Stafford has consistently graded better against the run than against the pass in his career to date. From 2014 to 2016, Stafford posted coverage grades of 49.7, 65.0 and 65.6 versus run defense grades of 71.1, 69.0 and 78.9.