Steelers release TE Ladarius Green
- The Steelers released tight end Ladarius Green Thursday, reportedly due to a failed physical.
- Green only played in six games last season, but had he been qualified, his overall grade of 73.0 would have ranked him 22nd out of 63 tight ends and his receiving grade of 74.2 would have tied him for 16th.
- Green has remained consistent over the last three seasons, posting overall grades of 73.1, 73.5, and 73.0.
- Green averaged 3.01 yards per route run last season, and among tight ends with at least 30 targets, only Rob Gronkowski averaged more at 3.18.
- In his five-year career, Green has played more than 36 percent of his team’s offensive snaps just once — 2015, when he was on the field for 69.4 percent of the Chargers’ offensive snaps.