Ravens sign WR Jeremy Maclin to two-year deal
- The Baltimore Ravens signed free-agent wide receiver Jeremy Maclin to a two-year deal on Monday, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
- The veteran is coming off of a 2016 season that was one of the worst of his career, finishing the year with a 67.2 overall grade that ranked him 78th among 115 qualifying wide receivers.
- 2015 was a much better campaign for Maclin. When throwing to him, Chiefs quarterbacks had a 115.6 NFL QB rating, making Maclin’s WR rating the 10th highest in the NFL that year.
- Maclin dropped six passes this past regular season, giving him a drop rate of 12.0 that ranked 82nd out of 96 qualifying receivers. In 2015, he dropped only one pass for a league-best drop rate of only 1.14.
- Now he’ll be paired up with Joe Flacco, whose QB rating by route contrasted Maclin’s WR rating by route from 2016. Maclin was at his best on go routes with a 128.2 rating while Flacco was down at only 71.8, but Flacco excelled on the post route last season with a 103.7 rating to Maclin’s 43.8.