Pitta injures hip in OTAs, reportedly needs surgery
- Baltimore Ravens tight end Dennis Pitta reportedly reinjured his hip during Friday’s OTAs, according ESPN’s Adam Schefter. Per reports, Pitta will undergo surgery, and his career is in serious jeopardy.
- Pitta, who missed the 2015 season with a fractured and dislocated hip, was quarterback Joe Flacco’s most-targeted player last year.
- Most of Pitta’s production came from the slot, as he snagged a position-best 50 slot receptions for 445 yards.
- Overall, he averaged 1.36 yards per route run in 2016, which ranked 18th out of 22 tight ends that saw a minimum of 62 targets.
- His 312 yards after the catch ranked sixth for the position.
- Pitta, 32, played in only seven games between the 2013 and 2014 seasons due to hip injuries.